In this series, we will be featuring the different staff members of 4Site Studios. We asked each member of the team to answer a few questions about themselves to give you a sense of who they are. This week, we interviewed Michael Wilson, our Developer.
1) In 250 characters or less, tell us your life story.
My first foray into computer programming was copying game source from a source-code book into my Commodore VIC-20. I enjoyed it so much, I started hobbyist programming, which led me to desktop programming and web development.
2) When/why/how did you get involved professional with digital technology and design?
I have enjoyed software development since the late 80s. My first job as a software developer came in the late 90s, where I worked as a C++ programmer for a defense contractor.
3) What expression or quote would best describe your personality?
“Try to maintain the perspective that, in time, everything disintegrates and returns to its initial form.”
― Richard Carlson
4) What is your favorite piece of digital technology and why?
The Roku--a portable device that streams all my favorite shows via the internet, to my TV.
5) What is one topic you know way too much about?
Japanese culture and the written language--In addition to computer programming, I have spent an inordinate amount of time immersing myself in the culture via books, tv dramas, and movies--including spending years studying the japanese written language. One of these days I will get around to actually visiting!