Full Time or Part-Time, 100% Remote
We are a tight-knit group of skilled Developers, Designers, Strategists, and Project Managers, and we are looking to add a seasoned Developer to our team. We are looking for someone who is excited by shaping ideas into digital campaigns for progressive nonprofit clients on projects that we are passionate about.
We are looking for someone with at least five years of professional, web development experience. You must know what you’re doing, be able to hit the ground running, and solve problems.
If you value work-life balance, geek out about the latest technology or web standards, and look forward to collaborating with colleagues on projects, we would love to hear from you.
Finally, we are looking for a team member who is passionate about progressive values, technology, and creating a workplace that reflects those values.
Professional Skills and Traits
- An effective collaborator who can work with our designers and developers to plan, execute ideas and deliver projects successfully.
- Proficient in taking design mockups and strategic requirements and translating them into production-ready code.
- Ready to perform daily maintenance on legacy sites and applications in a wide variety of web technologies
- Well-versed in at least one CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, or Stylus)
- Comfortable working with GitHub, Amazon Web Services, and Pantheon or similar hosting environments
- Able to speak directly with clients and present or explain your work
- Appreciate the importance of design, usability, and performance
- Keeps up on industry trends and best practices
- Developing responsive WordPress websites for nonprofit clients
- Creating and maintaining code documentation and technical specifications
- Collaborating with the internal creative and technical teams
- Recording your work and progress in project management tools
- Managing multiple deadlines
- Working with team members to scope, estimate, and schedule deliverables
Nice to Haves
- Experience building, launching, and managing WordPress websites. Including using pre-built themes and plugins as well as coding custom themes and plugins
- Familiarity coding for Gutenberg in WordPress
- Familiarity with run-time environments like Node
- Has coded for Engaging Networks or similar nonprofit CRMs (Luminate Online, EveryAction, Salsa Labs, Action Network)
- Developed for, or are familiar with, PHP frameworks like Laravel
- Experienced in modern development tools (Webpack, Linters)
- Will bring new ideas, skills, and technology to our team and project process
Compensation, Perks, and Benefits
- Simple IRA with 100% match for contributions up to 3% of annual salary.
- 31 days of paid time off per year.
- 40-hour work-week policy (very few late nights or weekends).
- Flexible hours and unlimited telework, but you’ll need to overlap a majority of your time with normal East Coast (ET) business hours.
- DC Paid Family Leave benefits for all employees, even for those not based in DC.
- $450/month reimbursement for Health, Dental, and Vision.
- A casual, dog-filled office in Columbia Heights.
- Professional development stipend.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter mentioning a favorite ASCII character and why, your resume, work examples, and salary requirements to Heming Nelson, at email@example.com. If you are worried that you may not meet all the outlined requirements, we would still love to hear from you before you count yourself out.